An on-farm event looking at the value and management of the farm’s natural assets. Experts will look at the value of farmland birds, soil and water; how to manage for them and maximise their benefits.
FREE events hosted by the Campaign for the Farmed Environment. Come along to hear about:
- Seed mixes that can provide for both game birds and other farmland birds
- How to grow the mixes well to provide cover and food throughout the year
- The hungry gap and supplementary feeding
- How these mixtures can be used on EFA land and in Countryside Stewardship agreements
- Soil Health: practical pointers and the role of catch and cover crops
- Cross Compliance – how to avoid common inspection failures on arable & livestock farms
Speakers will include:
- Marc Bull, Kings
- George Cook, The Andersons Centre
- Griff Warrilow, local ecologist.
- Louise Richmond, Campaign for the Farmed Environment
NRoSO & BASIS CPD points available for attendees.
The CFE is encouraging all farmers to 'add value for the environment' when choosing options for Greening. Wild bird seed mixes and in-field plots can be used as Ecological Focus Areas and can be available for
payments under the Countryside Stewardship scheme. Come along to hear about your options for your expiring ELS agreement.